Yes they do. With air conditioning the name brand products are the one usually that are built the best. Each different brand has its own qualities to look for. Here are some things to look for when choosing a new system.
- Does the unit have a high and low pressure switch
- Does it have a 10 year warranty on the compressor
- Does it have a scroll compressor
- Are the fins protected by the housing around them
- Does it have spiked coils (very hard to clean)
- What is the S.E.E.R. rating
- Is it a 410-A system (R-22 will be obsolete in the near future)